Wavedancer | Low Island Day Tour
Wavedancer departs Port Douglas daily at 10am sailing to Tropical Low Island just 1 hour from the Coast. Includes a Buffet Lunch, Snorkelling Gear & Glass Bottom Boat Tour. Wavedancer is a great way for Familes with youngchildren to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- All snorkelling equipment & instruction
- Glass Bottom boat coral viewing tour
- Guided snorkelling trips
- Qualified lifeguard on hand
- Morning and afternoon tea
Low Isles is surrounded by 165 different species of hard & soft corals and is a haven for Turtles. A large variety of marine life such as molluscs, sea cucumbers & fish such as colourful blue, green and purple parrotfish are a common sight.
Our friendly crew will guide you through all the activities on Low Isles, from snorkelling and exploring the island's beach with an expert marine biologist, to seeing the coral gardens from a glass bottom boat.
Wavedancer remains moored in the island's lagoon, and guests can take a regular shuttle from the beach to the boat. Snorkelers have the opportunity to join organised snorkel expeditions and view the creatures of the reef with a Marine Guide. If you're lucky you might spot one of the Turtles that regularly visit this tranquil location.
Wavedancer is a 30m sailing catamaran vessel taking a maximum of 150 passengers
- 9.30am Complimentary morning tea/coffee on boarding. Passengers are required to be on board the vessel 15 minutes before departure.
- 9.45am An informative Marine Biologist presentation is shown in the main cabin.
- 10.00am Wavedancer departs Marina for Low Isles.
- 10.30am A snorkelling demonstration is conducted during the journey to Low Isles.
- 11.15am Wavedancer arrives at Low Isles and your activities commence. The coral viewer and shuttle vessels leave for the island, and continue to run throughout the day. Your snorkelling equipment is available from the storage containers on the foredeck of Wavedancer. We recommend that you conduct all snorkelling from the island. The guided snorkelling tour operates from the island.
- 12 noon Lunch is served on-board Wavedancer. Enjoy your tropical buffet. Bar operates throughout the day.
- 1.30pm A Beach Walk is conducted by a Marine Biologist from the shuttle boarding area on the beach.
- 2.45pm Last shuttle leaves the island to return passengers to the vessel. Afternoon tea is served.
- 3.10pm Depart Low Isles for Port Douglas. Enjoy light entertainment during the return journey.
- 4.30pm Arrival at Marina, Port Douglas.
What to Bring:
Swimming costume and beach towel
Hat, sunscreen and shirt for sun protection, sunglasses
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Wavdancer
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
- Check in time is 9.15am at the Quicksilver office, at the Crystalbrook Reef Marina on Wharf Street, Port Douglas.
- Departs Crystalbrook Marina Port Douglas at 10:00am
- Returns to Crystalbrook Reef Marina at 4:30pm
Had great time so many options.
We has a fantastic day every thing was amazing the food, staff and the day!!
We had a lovely day out on the cat,
Food was good
Just poor visibility of the coral and fish , a little disappointing .
Would recommend to go to the reef if you really want to snorkel.
A great day out despite the rocky waves. Great to have a marine biologist aboard. Lunch was very good. Staff were caring when I threw up!
The staff were fantastic!
Wavedancer Low Isles was a lovely experience for both adults and children.
Wavedancer departs Port Douglas daily for a full day on Low Island
Check-in time for Wavedancer is 9:15 am at the Quicksilver office, at Crystalbrook Marina, Wharf Street, Port Douglas.