Silversonic | Great Barrier Reef Tour
Silversonic is the fastest vessel to the reef. Enjoy over 5 hours exploring the delights of this underwater world. Silversonic's ride control system ensures your trip is super smooth, even when travelling at speeds of up to 32 knots.
- Ultra-modern Catamaran
- Super smooth & fastest cat on the reef!
- Features unique ride control
- Visit 3 of the best reef locations
- 5 hours of actual reef time
- Small boat numbers - maximum 90 passengers
- Permit to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales if encountered
Silversonic Family Pricing
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 14 years) Half Price
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child travels free
Daily from Port Douglas Reef Marina at 8:30am, boarding from 7:45am. Returns 4:30pm. Port Douglas Accommodation Transfers are included with the Silversonic Reef Tour.
Silversonic Reef Tour Inclusions
- Return coach transfer from Port Douglas accommodation
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas
- Scrumptious morning tea -foccacias and muffins
- Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Reef Interpretation
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- Mask, prescription mask if needed
- Snorkel and fins
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, inc. wetsuit
- Lycra/stinger suits
- Hot freshwater showers
As an added bonus during the whale season (July to September), however common in our waters between the months of March and October, Silversonic has one of the few permits available from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority that allows our guests to swim with dwarf minke whales if encountered – a truly unforgettable experience!
Your Day on Silversonic
- 08:15am: Vessel boarding. Complimentary tea / coffee and a gourmet breakfast including foccacias, muffins and cakes is served in the saloon.
- 08:30am: Depart Port Douglas Reef Marina for the Outer Barrier Reef. On the outward journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 10:15am: Arrive at first reef location. Divers gear up, while snorkellers' site briefing begins.Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11:30am: Silversonic departs for second reef location. Option for introductory divers and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkellers site briefing.
- 12:00pm: Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air conditioned cabin.
- 1:40pm: Silversonic departs for third reef location. Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel. A FREE guided Snorkel Tour commences. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2.30pm: Afternoon tea served
- 3:00pm: All passengers board vessel for final passenger count and departure for Port Douglas
- 4.30pm: Silversonic arrives at Port Douglas Reef Marina
- 4:55pm: Coaches depart for accommodation
- Scuba Diving: Intro or Cert Diving
- Transfers from Cairns / Northern Beaches
- Underwater digital cameras available for hire
- Professional underwater photo and video service on board
First time divers can take the plunge in complete confidence with an experienced dive instructor by your side. Enjoy up to 2 dives.
Enjoy up to 3 dives. All dives are guided to maximise your experience.
About Agincourt Reef
Silversonic visits a selection of 29 stunning & exclusive reef sites at Agincourt Reef at the very outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here, special reefs known as 'ribbons' run parallel to the Continental Shelf. Adjacent to the Coral Sea trench, these ribbon reefs are recognised as the most pristine eco-systems in the reef's environment. Clear water provides the best possible underwater visibility, encourages rich coral growth and supports spectacular marine life.
Scuba Diving conditions
- Certain medical conditions and medications may preclude some people from scuba diving. For advice contact our office.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years.
- Flying after scuba diving: A wait of 12 hours is recommended but preferably 24 hours, if doing multiple dives, before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater.
- Certified divers must have an internationally recognized SCUBA certificate card.
- PADI certified dive instructors
Snorkelling trip was great. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, also very helpful. All three sites were varied in layout and wildlife.
The instructions on how to snorkel and the best locations were very helpful. Really enjoyed the variety of the reef life that we saw at the 3 locations. Highly recommend this tour.
My friend and I really enjoyed our day with the Silversonic team. They were friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. The three reef sites were amazing, and I preferred this reef trip to that which I did from Cairns.
Had a wonderful day.
Great crew great ship and destinations that was chosen were excellent
This was not our first choice, but due to scheduling with Poseidon, they had to change it. The staff, facilities and experience were all wonderful. Would recommend it again.
Silversonic Great Barrier Reef Tour departs daily from Port Douglas Reef Marina at 8:30am, boarding from 7:45am. Returns 4:30pm.
Port Douglas Accommodation Transfers are included with the Silversonic Reef Tour.