Quicksilver | Great Barrier Reef Tour
Quicksilver Reef Cruises departs Port Douglas daily for a full day on the Great Barrier Reef. Quicksilver visits the Reef Pontoon on Agincourt Reef. The tour includes a buffet lunch and is ideal for families.
Quicksilver Family Pricing
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 14 years) Half Price
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child travels free
- Agincourt Ribbon Reef - clear & pure waters
- Rich coral & spectacular marine life
- Large spacious stable reef activity platform
- Smooth, state-of-the-art, Wavepiercer cruising
- Professional crew and service
- Hot & cold buffet lunch
- Ideal for families & non-swimmers
- Highest ecotourism accreditation
- Great Barrier Reef Post Office Box
- Check-in time is 9.15am at the Quicksilver office, at Crystalbrook Marina, Wharf Street, Port Douglas.
- Departs Crystalbrook Marina Port Douglas at 10:00am
- Returns to Crystalbrook Marina at 4:30pm
- Free Parking is available
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns & Northern Beaches available
- Cairns pick-up times from 8.00am
- 3.5 hours at Agincourt Reef
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, fins, snorkel), Buoyancy vests and flotation noodles.
- Snorkelling instruction provided
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Semi-submersible coral viewing
- Fish feeding conducted by crew
- Change Rooms & Freshwater Showers
- Sun Deck
- Lycra suits
- Undercover tables and seating
EMC (reef tax)
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure your spot on Quicksilver
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
Your day with Quicksilver
09.30am Boarding Time
10.00am Depart Crystalbrook Marina, Port Douglas
10.30am Snorkelling demonstration and Introductory dive information presentation
11.30am Arrive Outer Barrier Reef - Reef activities commence:
- Enjoy free swimming and free snorkelling from submerged platform
- Underwater observatory open for coral and fish viewing
- 20 minute Semi-Sub tours depart every fifteen minutes from the rear of the platform
- Pre-booked guided snorkelling tours with Marine Biologist ( extra cost )
- Diving and helicopter scenic flights ( extra cost )
- Fish feeding conducted at snorkelling platform at advertised times
12 noon Hot and cold five star tropical buffet lunch including fresh prawns, pastas, meats, salads and fruit. There are full bar facilities available where you can purchase drinks. The platform has tables for you to enjoy lunch and undercover seating
1.30pm Lunch finishes. Time for more activity or just relax and take in the view!!
3.00pm Depart Agincourt Reef for Port Douglas. Reef video and photo viewing on board
4.30pm Arrival at Reef Marina, Port Douglas
Quicksilver Reef Pontoon
The Platform at Agincourt Reef Site: Floating like an island in a coral sea the platforms have tables for you to enjoy lunch, undercover seating, fresh water showers and change rooms to allow you to enjoy your day. There is also a water powered lift to allow easy access for all passengers.
Semi-Submersible Coral Viewing
If you would like to stay dry, then you can explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a Quicksilver sub. The semi submersibles cruise slowly through the colourful coral gardens giving passengers the opportunity to experience a snorkelers-eye view of the marine life. The semi-sub experience takes approximately 20 minutes and includes an informed commentary on the marine life observed during the journey and an overview of the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef.
You can also see the coral and watch the fish feeding from Quicksilver's unique viewing platform and underwater observatory located directly in front of the platform. From here, you can also view "first time" divers taking part in introductory dives and snorkelers.
Snorkelling is one of the best ways to view the incredible underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef, and Quicksilver's friendly staff are on hand to show you how. On your way out to Agincourt Reef you can view an instructional video on how to snorkel to teach you the right techniques.
Agincourt Ribbon Reefs
The very edge of the Great Barrier Reef. Here, special reefs known as 'ribbons' run parallel to the Continental Shelf. Adjacent to the Coral Sea trench, these ribbon reefs are recognised as the most pristine eco-systems in the reef's environment. Clear water provides the best possible underwater visibility, encourages rich coral growth and supports spectacular marine life. As the region's outer reef pioneer, this is the best location available to view nature's finest.
Optional Extra Costs
- Certified diving
- Introductory diving
- Ocean Walker Helmet Diving
- Underwater cameras available for purchase
- Underwater digital cameras available to hire
- Professional photo service available on-board
- Reef Scenic Helicopter flights
Cairns & Port Douglas Accommodation Transfers
Pick-up times start at 8am from Cairns. Return to Cairns at 6pm.
Introductory Snorkel Tour - for beginners
Designed for the novice/beginner snorkeller
Provides an introduction to the marine environment
Tailored for families and those wanting educational experience
Marine biologist tows safety float and whistle
Duration: 30-40 minutes depends on conditions and passenger experience.
Advanced Snorkel Tour - some experience recommended
For the more adventurous - some snorkelling experience is recommended.
This tour is more about exploring, and the marine biologists encourage and teach passengers how to duck dive (if you would like to learn).
Tours generally leave from the platform, but sometimes may involve a drop-off from a small tender, so participants can cover a greater distance, and have the chance to “drift with the current”, before returning to the platform.
Distance travelled can be up to several hundred metres.
Duration: 45-60 minutes depends on conditions and passenger experience.
Ocean Walker or "Helmet Diving" Unique & Fun!
Experience the feeling of diving wearing a helmet and breathing normally
No swimming involved - just walk down the steps to the platform
You can wear your glasses and keep your hair dry!
Souvenier certificate on completion of your helmet dive
Min age 12 yrs., Min height 135cm.
Amazing service , no hassles, has amazing time
Wonderful experience must visit if going to Cairns
Thanks Gene all the booking were great, really loved the Quicksilver Cruise, brilliant well worth the money. The transfer was waiting for us upon arrival, which was fantastic.
The whole trip was very good especially the staff onboard the boat. We would also recommend you go with the marine biologist for the snorkeling portion of the trip as it was well worth the extra cost.
We cannot wait till next time
It was an exceptional day! Great service and care by Quicksilver staff.
Quicksilver Reef Cruises departs from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas daily for a full day on the Great Barrier Reef. Checkin time is 9.15am